Closing Date 4th February
If you are interested in this position please send your CV along with a covering letter and expectation of salary to:
Mrs Kirsty Duffey, Royal School of Needlework, Apt12A, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey, KT8 9AU or email
Reports to: Head of Education.
Main Responsibility: To provide administrative services for Day Courses, the Certificated Courses, the proposed Foundation Degree course and Studio tours.
1. To undertake all aspects of course administration including handling bookings and confirmations, banking cheques, contacting tutors, ordering materials, meeting students, providing refreshments and invoicing in a timely and accurate manner.
2. To undertake security clearances for course participants.
3. To invoice certificated course participants for materials and manage apprentice and student accounts.
4. To undertake general administrative duties for the Apprentice/Foundation Degree course, including assisting with administration of assessments.
5. To co-ordinate Studio tour bookings, liaising with the senior stitcher regarding organisation of tours and rooms. To conduct tours occasionally.
6. To complete spreadsheets/databases accurately with all relevant information.
7. To deal with post daily as required.
8. To provide shop cover as required.
9. To prepare materials for classes, to specified standards as required.
10. To assist in PR/Marketing activity as required.
11. To undertake any other activity at the request of the Heads of Department or Chief Executive
Applicant must demonstrate:
A high level of literacy and numeracy
Experience of working with Word/Excel/Database
Experience with working with Publisher (preferable not essential)
Ability to work on own initiative
Ability to think ahead and plan
Willingness to be “hands-on” as and when required – move equipment; pack kits; cut fabric; measure gold; make tea for students
Personal attributes required:
Good communication skills – ability to converse and make visitors feel welcome
Pleasant telephone manner
Temporary Finance Assistant (Full or Part-time)
Closing date 4th February 2008
Reporting to the Finance Manager.
A temporary position of Finance Assistant has been created to provide cover for all aspects of the finance department for up to 3 months during a particularly busy period.
- To perform daily cash & banking routines
- To perform daily credit card processing
- To carry out weekly bank reconciliations
- To undertake both Sales & Purchase ledger processing
- To assist the Finance Manager as required
Applicants must demonstrate
A working knowledge of SAGE line 50 accounts
Good reconciliation and numeric skills
An ability to work on own initiative
To apply please send your CV to: The Finance Manager, Royal School of Needlework,
Apt 12a, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT9 9AU